To renew the Church by enkindling a living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.
A movement of Catholics across the United States, healed, converted, formed, and unified by an encouter with Jesus in the Eucharist - and sent out in mission "for the life of the world."
In the coming years, we plan to refocus and revive our energy around understanding and deepening our faith in the Eucharist.
We will take a three-pronged approach to renewing our love for Jesus.
- Truth - We will emphasize through catechesis and apologetics the reason we believe in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.
- Beauty - We are blessed with an abundance of ways to praise and honor God that lead us to the liturgy and the sacrifice of the Mass.
- Goodness - With a focus on conversion and mission, we are called to live our faith in ways that bring people to know and love him.
Here is an outline of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' approach to the initiative. It includes strategic pillars, a three-year timeline, a list of resources that will be developed and a list of funding, catechetical and collaborating partners and ministries assisting on creating a movement dedicated toward Eucharistic renewal.
Note: The national effort is called Eucharistic Revival. The initiative in the Diocese of Des Moines will be called Eucharistic Renewal.
We've compiled a number of resources for parishes that want to offer Eucharistic adoration, and for the faithful who want to spend time with Jesus through adoration. At this link, you'll find
- A Holy Hour prayer script (also available in Spanish)
- A Holy Hour prayer for families (also available in Spanish)
- A series of reflections to read and contemplate while at adoration (reflections by Bishop William Joensen available in Spanish)