Discover the Difference: What to Consider When Choosing a School
by Diocese of Des Moines | February 10, 2020
As parents, we want the very best for our kids and when it comes to education, there are more choices than ever before. So what should you look for when it comes to selecting a school for your child? Consider these questions as you prepare to visit and select a school.
- Does the school meet your family's needs?
- What are your educational, social and emotional goals for your child?
- What is unique about the school and is this something that matters to you and your child?
- What are the school's expectations for its students?
- How does the school differentiate instruction and meet the needs of the individual student?
- How are teachers supported and held to a high standard?
- How can I afford tuition?
- What is the school's educational philosophy?
- What extracurricular programs are offered?
- How does the school keep parents informed?
- How are parents involved at the school?
One of the best ways to gauge a school is to talk with parents who send their children there. The Diocese of Des Moines Catholic schools are happy to connect prospective families with current families to help you choose the school that is right for you family. To learn more and to find a Catholic school near you, visit our website.