FAITH IN OUR CATHOLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM
Our schools serve both the faith community and society by educating children to contribute to the common good with the guidance and assistance of Bishop William Joensen.
Bishop William M. Joensen, Ph.D. was ordained and installed as the 10th bishop of the Diocese of Des Moines on Sept. 27, 2019. The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) consults with the Bishop on the following:
- Matters affecting the Catholic identity
- Policies and regulations
- Student recruitment, retention and admissions
- Community outreach
- School partnerships and collaborative planning
- Professional development and coaching
- Alignment of curriculum and assessment practices
- Development of systemic responses to academic and behavior needs for all students
- Training and implementation of all required federal and state-mandated educational programs
- Assists principals in making local curricular and instructional decisions
- Continuity of quality, academics, faith and accountability across all schools
These efforts tie into our overall strategic plan. Learn more and read our latest updates.
For more information about CSO staff and open positions within our Catholic schools, visit the links below.
CSO Staff Careers