The diocesan Communications Department is responsible for:
- The Catholic Mirror -- a monthly tabloid mailed to every registered Catholic home. To see a few of the most recent editions, click here. We're working on a multiyear project to make available every copy of our paper going back to the first issue printed in 1936, back when it was called The Catholic Messenger. If you'd like to financially contribute to this important effort to preserve our legacy and the rich stories of our forefathers, please contact the editor.
- In the Diocesan Loop -- a monthly e-newsletter sent to all parish and school leadership.
- Making It Personal With Bishop Joensen -- a weekly 30-minute radio show
- The diocesan website
- Social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, & Instagram
- Crisis communication
- Media relations
- Assistance to parishes and schools as needed
The department is staffed by two full time individuals and one half-time administrative assistant. They are: Anne Marie Cox, Kelly Mescher-Collins and Sandy Riesberg. They can be reached at 515-237-5046.
Parishes that would like us to promote upcoming events with speakers from outside the diocese (clergy or lay people) must follow the diocesan protocol for approval.