CATHOLIC SCHOOL STATS
Statistics for the school year of 2018-19
- There are 17 schools in the Des Moines diocese
- Enrollment in the 15 elementary schools is 4,652 students
- Enrollment in the 2 high schools is 1,570 students
- Total enrollment: 6,222 students in the Catholic schools of the Diocese of Des Moines
- There are 334 full time and 37 part time teachers with a student-teacher ration of 16 to 1
- All elementary schools have Pre-kindergarten programs
- All schools are fully accredited by the state of Iowa
- All teachers are licensed by the Board of Educational Examiners of the state of Iowa
- The average high school graduation rate was 100%
- Iowa Assessment scores are consistently higher in all areas (reading, math, science) than the state and nation.
- ACT scores are consistently higher in all areas (English, math, reading, science) than the state and nation.
- Being recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education is considered the highest honor an American school can achieve. Since 2008, only about 3.9% of schools nationwide have been recognized with this honor. Since 2001, five diocesan schools have been selected as National Blue Ribbon Schools.