“No abled vs disabled. There is just us.”
Dr. Miguel Romero Recognizing the Body of Christ: A Theological Engagement on Disability talk on “Called to Beatitude: Our Wounds, God’s Grace, and the Sacraments of the Church”
The Catholic Diocese of Des Moines works for the inclusion of persons with disabilities along with those who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. We want everyone to be full, conscious and active participants in their faith life and to live out their call to holiness. We do so by working with parish pastors and staff, families and community partners for ALL to live out their baptism in the Christian community and society.
Essential Partners and Relationships
- Persons and their Families with Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing community
- The Bishop
- Pastors and Clergy
- Catechetical Leaders (religious education, youth ministry, adult faith formation, RCIA team, and sacramental preparation team leaders)
- School and Parish Leaders
- Organizations who serve Persons with Disabilities
Use this link for a printer-friendly version brochure on disability ministry.
Use this link for an electronic version brochure on disability ministry. And use this link for an accessible PDF version of electronic brochure.
For additional information
Patty Origer, Coordinator of Persons with Disability Ministry and Scheduler of ASL Ministry, phone 515-237-5073